Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Food Fail- Ruffles Molten Hot Wings Chips


A sucker for a gimmick, I picked up these chips on a recent road trip.  I had seen them several times before but now seemed the perfect time to nab them. Unfortunately or fortunately (depends on who you ask), I was unable to partake of them while I was away.  So this afternoon, feeling a little munchy before dinner, I pulled them out of the pantry and gave them a try.

First, let me say as you bite the chip you do get a taste of chicken and hot sauce, then it gets weird. The most obvious thing to me is these are not hot. Now I do admit I have the taste buds of a dragon but I still say on the spicy/hot scale they barely register. And the chicken thing reminds me of these yucky crackers they use to sell that were chicken flavored, almost as if they had been dipped in chicken broth, sprinkled with poultry seasoning and then dried out.

Even though I'm out $1.29, I do have some suggestions for Frito Lay- add more heat and tang and loose that strange chicken flavor.  It didn't work on the crackers and it doesn't work here.  For now, I'm sticking with Flaming Hot Cheetos.



No comments: