Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pinkberry


Finally!  I made it to Aker's Mill and the new Atlanta Pinkberry store.  A quick lunch at one of my regular haunts- Philly Connection (big ups to the staff who always hook my cheesesteak up) and a leap across the street to Atlanta's first Pinkberry store.  As I strode to the door, the store struck me as smaller than I figured and with the noontime crowd it seemed even smaller. Most folks were holding up the line while the accommodating staff served up samples.  I however knew what I wanted and an eager staff member called me over to take my order- chocolate yogurt and fresh blackberries, simple and sublime.  I payed- $5 for a small, one topping and couldn't resist digging in immediately.  Don't get me wrong, the yogurt was really good and the fruit was fresh, still it simply seemed like just another frozen yogurt shop.  Maybe a bit more hip but still just another frozen yogurt shop.  That's not to say I won't be back.  I'm quite interested in trying the dark chocolate with mango and maybe some raspberries.  And I'll be real interested to see what happens when all the 'Grand Opening' hype clears.

No comments: