Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Hot Stuff at Chick-Fil-A



So amidst all of the hype of late, I took a ride over to Morrow today and visited Truett's Grill to get a taste of the much heralded spicy chicken sandwich.  I was not without company.  As I eavesdropped on the orders taken at surrounding tables, it seemed that everyone was ordering the spicy chicken sandwich.  When my order arrived, except for a slightly reddish hue, it's appearance was very much akin to the original.  I took a bite and at first  I just tasted a normal chick-fil-a sandwich, then suddenly as I was forewarned, a mild heat formed on my tongue and ended with a medium level of spiciness, with notes of cayenne and black pepper present.  Not bad but not extraordinary either.  In fact, I think I prefer the original sandwich to this one.  That's not to say I wouldn't order it again, I just won't be specifically seeking it out next time.  I do have to give much love to the 'cow' decked out in a fireman costume proclaiming the new sandwich's arrival while waving to the traffic zooming down Mount Zion Road.  Yet another reason "to eat more chicken".

No comments: