Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hankook Taqueria


Thanks to a recommendation from Alton Brown (Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate") and my work place's close proximity to this Korean fusion spot, I headed on over for some lunchtime Korean tacos.  Located in an industrial area of Collier Road in Atlanta, this 'hole in the wall' is the place to be at least according to the parking lot that was so full it called for some creative parking. 

Inside, is bare bones, sparse and overflowing with folks chowing down on such fare as Korean tacos and burritos, stuffed with barbequed meat, lettuce and cabbage tossed in a sesame dressing, cilantro, cheese and green onions, kimchee fried rice, sesame french fries and fried Korean sweet potatoes.  There is even a spicy hot dog on the menu topped with you guessed it - kimchee.  Vegans don't despair, there is a vegan menu and I have to admit the vegan bibim-bop looked very tasty since I'm not a fan of eggs or beef which is the traditional way this Korean street food is usually served up.  Oh yes and my chicken tacos were really good but then can you ever go wrong stuffing something in a tortilla and covering it with cheese? 

Hankook's limited menu speaks to one simple point I adhere to in life and cooking- choose something and do it extremely well.  And to that end I say to Chef Lee and the Hankook team- Bravo!

Hankook Taqueria 1341 Collier Road, Atlanta, GA 30318

 
Hankook Taqueria on Urbanspoon

No comments: